Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ah....

Dusk, my favorite time of day was upon us. The sunlight kissed the horizon ever so lightly. I stood in the balcony eagerly anticipating her arrival. The event was in the making for some time now. We set off as soon as she arrived on a path we had never taken together. Her eagerness, anticipation and excitement made it difficult for me to keep pace. Asking her to slow down would rain hell but I did anyway.

We arrived at our destination after what seemed like a millennium for her. The cool breeze kissed my face, the chatter reminded me that this was a happy place and the love all around allowed me to breath freely. I searched for the point of this all and paraphrased Henry Thoreau - rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.

I set the process in motion and turned around to see her radiant face. The truth was right there staring at me with those doe eyes. The look on her face was the same Genghis would have had after conquering the world, the look that dude from Ghajini would have if he remembered minute details of his life or a man after his first sip of wine having crossing a desert.
.
.
.
.
I smiled as she took her second bite of the Pani Puri.

21 comments:

Henri said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!! You should let out the romantic in you from time to time...it is endearing!

Satyajit said...

Hahaha....thank you.

Anonymous said...

muuaahh....

Just A Passerby said...

Super sweet stuff. Sounds like there's one very lucky lady out there over in your neck of the woods. Or, maybe it's actually closer to the reverse? :) (haha)

Keep enduring those occasional rainfalls of hell and you're future will continue reaping such lovely sentiments & affection. I hope your love for one another endures for the remainder of this lifetime as well as the next!

Satyajit said...

JAP:

Thank you. :-)

JK said...

Hmmmmm wow, i know the lucky lady but when i read it was fresh like the early morning dew drop.....love the way you play with words

Satyajit said...

JK:

Thank you very much

Unknown said...

U surprise me... just wen i tagged u as a sarcy fool who enjoys others misery :D you go and pull this...

Its nice to c de romantic side of you.

Satyajit said...

Natasha:
You make me sound like Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Thanks anyway :-)

Vaish said...

Wow! that's some awesome lines dude! Didn't know you could right like that :) Just wish you had kept the Gajini and Gengis lines out...

Sneha said...

Satya what can I say...shows that you are an ace at more than one kind of writing :-)... Please don't stop at this though... We know the Lady in question deserves more than one tribute....loved it...lucky girl you have there...

Satyajit said...

Vaish:
Thanks. The reference bring out the emotions.

Sneha:
Very kind of you :-)

radha said...

did shilpa write this post for you?

Satyajit said...

Radha:
My romantic side comes out of the closet and you come up with this? Tsk tsk....

ILIKA said...

Hey Satyajit, you have transformed into a deep thinker ! Best of luck for your consultancy business and Yes I genuinely see an author in you. Why don't you start with writing a comic.
I have always remembered you for your great sense of humour .

CHAMPION THE UNUSUAL said...

Hey Satyajit, you have transformed into a deep thinker ! Best of luck for your consultancy business and Yes I genuinely see an author in you. Why don't you start with writing a comic.

Satyajit said...

Ilika:

Haha. Thank you. Being an author isnt my cup of tea. Too much thinking required. A comic on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

never had doubts about the ability to write and implement

Rakangz said...

Such a beautiful piece... for the love of your life...you're a lucky man!!!

Satyajit said...

thank you...

yamuna said...

hi. gud expression...